In which industry will I situate the expense tracker? Will it be in the financial planning industry? Self-development? Household management?
The different context will infuence the goals of the tracker.
- graphical display/output, UI coniderations
- financial engine (performs core calculations such as shortfall, etc)
- analytics / interfacing with different data sets, different apis’
- saving to a database or local cache
The common elements can make up the minimum viable product. The specific goals of the tracker can be included as different features.
- website layout: two navigation bars and hero section, use bootstrap - with mobile first strategy
- class folder to describe object
- database creation
- connect database and tracker via a database class
- figure out different types of interfaces with app: banks/credit unions, credit company, different users of same account (family members)
- automate calculations
- provide variety of input points
- easy to use GUI
- charts and figures integration (a.k.a. choose your own adventure: different types of views based on chart type)
- statistics capabilities (spending patterns, spending spread, etc)
- different expense tracker versions for different users/customers (personas)
- develop for myself first (as a customer)
- re-develop different versions for different market segments and different industry contexts (basically re-developing the tracker multiple times)
Screen shots are provided